Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reflection

     So as I look back from the start of this assignment,  to now, I realize it is becoming easier for me to put my thoughts on paper. Although I have to be extremely interested - even enthusiastic- about the topic, I am able to express myself.  I find myself less frustrated when dealing with writing also. At the beginning of this blog/journal assignment I would stare at my computer screen, angry, dreading what I was about to partake in. Now, I see it as a sort of release. If I have had a rough day, and need to vent, I go to my blog sight and begin to type away my frustrations. It is like the computer screen is my shrink, and I have nothing to worry about while writing. My shrink will not judge me for missing a comma, a misspelled word, or a sentence fragment. I am free to express myself.

     At the beginning of this blog assignment I had shackled my thoughts inside my mind, afraid to let them out. I didn't understand how to put everything into words on the paper. With our reading lessons, some practical application, and a whole lot of practice, I believe I have broken free from those chains. I know I still have a lot of work to do - fine tuning my skills - but now know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

     This blog has actually had a practical application in my life as well. I had a presentation due for work the other week, and had  a co worker proof read it for me. He is a self proclaimed "grammar Nazi" and could not find anything wrong on my PowerPoint. I still understand I am horrible with grammar, but will give credit to my blog for helping me with punctuation.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice reflection. I love the line: "I had shackled my thoughts..." You should let me use this for students next semester. I am happy to read that you have gained insight to your writing and noticed progress. As I have read through, I have noticed progress as well. Keep writing and the grammar will improve. If you add a fair amount of reading to the mix, your improvement will be swift. Nice work. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really connected when you wrote about how you computer screen is your shrink. It is amazing how nice it is to have somewhere to write your frustration, dreams, ect down without judgment. Good job on overcoming your grammar problems. I am also someone who tends to forget a letter here or there. Sometimes my mind works so fast that I forget to write down whole words and my sentences don't always make sense.

    ReplyDelete