Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The birth of our children

 My prospective: As I walk into the surgery room I see my wife laying on a cross like table, hands outstretched as she looks up into the sky. I walk up and grab her hand to let her know I am there, but the drugs have kicked in and she is already out of it. There is a sheet pulled up so she can not see her lower half where they will  be making the incision in her uterus. I look into my wife's eyes and she looks to be in peace and excitement, as it is just kicking in our two little girls are going to be here any moment. I am talking to the doctors and nurses as the start working franticly on my wife. Passing instruments and tools back and forth to one another. Next thing I see is the leg of my first child coming out of my wives abdomen. Its the craziest thing I could every imagine, as they pull the first of the girls out, I don't know what to really think. I am in shock and cant even believe what is taking place in front of me. A loud scream and screech of a cry start, and I know she is perfectly healthy. They start to wipe her off, and I stand their staring at her it total awe. Next thing I know my second has already been born. They where less than a minute apart due to the C-section. Both children screaming and crying, perfect in every way, shape, and form. The nurse asks if I want to hold them, and timidly I say yes. It was awkward at first, but after a minute or so I got the hang of it. My new born children and I pose for picture until the nurse states they need to go to the NICU for observation. I show them to my wife, even though the anesthesia has her loopy, she smiles and kisses the girls goodbye for the time being. I kiss my wife and leave so the surgeons can finish sewing her up and getting her into the recovery room. This was the greatest day of my life.

My wife's prospective: As I lay on the table, numb from the neck down, I see my husband walk into the room. It is comforting knowing he will be with me during the happy, yet stressful and slightly scary time. My husband lets me know what is happening due to the fact I cannot see below my neck. and finally I hear crying from my little baby girl. My husband says she is beautiful and perfectly healthy, then at about that time I hear the cry of baby girl number two. I can't believe they are finally her, not know if I could make one, let alone two healthy girls. My husband is holding the twins, he looks kind of scared, but I can tell he will be a great father. He brings them down to my level so I can give them a kiss on the forward before the are taken away. Next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room, waiting to be able to go hold my babies for the first time since they where born.

No comments:

Post a Comment