Friday, February 6, 2015

To be a kid again

    Tonight I got to be a kid again by attending a Father and Daughter dance with my nine year old. Although I am not the best in social situations I caught myself having a great time. Watching my daughter not worry about a thing in the world, flaring her arms in the air and making silly faces to the latest up beat pop song. It reminded me of a time when I didn't have to worry about bills, protocols, gas money, retirement funds, or a college education for my children. It makes you think how fast time passes you, and yet you took it for granted. I remember being a young and invincible teenager, without a care in the world. My next big football game and who I was taking to the dance was my biggest worry. To me at that time though all I wanted to do was grow up. I wanted to go to college, get a job, and be on my own. Oh if I honestly knew what that entailed maybe I would have changed my mind. During times of the dance my daughter would run off with her friends and I would sit at my table and just look around. Dads and daughters dancing the night away, not thinking of anything except how much they are enjoying each others company. I catch myself wondering what is going through the little girls heads, and if they know how much they are making their father's night right then. While my daughter and I slow dance I pray she never gets older, and stays this age forever. I hope she know that she made my night, and let me be a kid one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment